Patient Administration

Medical Records

All medical records are maintained electronic in AHLTA and in the Outpatient Medical Records Room. A valid ID Card and a signed DD 2870 are both required to obtain medical records. 

The ID card is used to validate eligibility when you arrive for an appointment at Lyster Army Health Clinic.  All children ages 10 and older must possess a valid military ID card and present it during the appointment check-in process.  Care will not be denied if the patient does not have an ID card.  You will be required to provide a valid state photo ID to the Patient Administration Division, who will then conduct a DEERS eligibility check.  If you are eligible for care, you will be required to sign a Certificate of Eligibility for Medical Treatment before care is rendered.  Proof of an appointment at the ID card section will be required for all expired ID cards and children 10 and older who do not have a military ID before a Certificate of Eligibility will be given.  A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility will be kept in the Patient Administration office and you will be required to return with a valid ID card within 30 days.  If a valid ID card is not presented within 30 days, a bill will be sent to the patient or other health care insurance provider for any care rendered.
For patients wishing to update their address information, please visit:
For patients needing to schedule an appointment with the ID card section, please visit:
There are various circumstances which will require eligible children under the age of 10 to possess an ID card, please contact the ID card section at Fort Rucker for specifics regarding your situation.  
CHCS Registration
Registration into CHCS (Composite Health Care System) is required for everyone receiving care at this facility. Registration may be completed in Patient Administration, located in the rear of the clinic next to the VA elevator.
All patients over the age of 10 must have a valid dependent ID card for all services inside the clinic
**Children under the age of 10 should have their own ID card when in the custody of a parent or guardian who is not eligible for TRICARE or who is not the custodial parent after a divorce. **
Release of Information
The Release of Information section is responsible for issuing copies of an individual's medical record to either the individual, another military treatment facility, or to civilian facilities. Individuals are asked to sign a release which gives the government permission to release the information that is being requested. A valid ID card is required when making request. Please be sure to request copies of your entire medical record for out processing/VA benefits at least two months prior your retirement date. It takes our staff about 4-6 weeks to complete and verify copies of medical records.
The necessary form DD2870 is located here in the Release of Information section or on AKO forms. You can fax or walk in your completed request for medical information forms to the PAD office Mon-Fri 0730-1600. Please call 334-255-7242/7239 or fax to 334-255-7710.
**All patients 14 years of age and above must complete and sign a DD2870 granting their parent or legal guardian access to their medical record/information per (Code of Alabama, Section 22-8-4)**
Medical Evaluations
- PEBLO (Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer)
Contact Information 
Medical Records: 334-255-7243/7109
Mon - Fri:
7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m
CHCS Registration:

Mon - Fri:
6:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m

Release of Information:

Mon - Fri:
7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m

PAD Office:

630-570-5895 (FAX)
Mon - Fri:
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m

Medical Evaluations:

Mon - Fri:
7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m